MAKE YOUR OWN MARINARA SAUCE USING FRESH TOMATOES
Homemade chunky marinara sauce that’s slow-simmered using fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic and onions. This marinara sauce goes well with any pasta, lasagna, meatballs and more.
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 12-15 tomatoes
- 1 white onion diced
- 3/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- 8-10 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- additional herbs to taste
Cut and chop tomatoes, onions, garlic and basil
Add all ingredients in a dutch oven or oven-safe pot (excluding white wine)
Simmer at 275 for a total of 4-5 hours. After the 2 hour mark, add in white wine
When sauce has thickened and reduced, taste and adjust seasonings.
Serve warm or freeze for future use
- The sweetness and acidity will depend on the ripeness of the tomatoes you use. Adjust the flavor with sugar, salt and pepper.
- I prefer my sauce to be thicker and chunkier (I love a good texture), but you like yours more smooth, you can do a quick blitz in the blender.