Give me 10 minutes to change your life.
This chimichurri sauce is so F’ing good that I can’t not let you in on this recipe. I discovered it while I was on a photoshoot at one of the hottest restaurants in San Francisco. All the guests were going crazy over this sauce!
I was in the kitchen chatting with the executive chef and he let me in on his ingredients. It’s nothing complicated or extraordinary- in fact, its so simple its almost embarrassing. He told me that people go crazy over this flavor profile because it can elevate almost any dish.
It’s the best on steaks, chicken- basically any protein.
We’ve also been putting it on our eggs in the morning. You can dip it in bread, slather it all over your roasted veggies, or drizzle it over fish.
I bet you’re like drooling, huh?
K, so here it is.
This chimichurri sauce will rock your world
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup parsley finely chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1-2 red chili peppers deseeded & finely chopped
- 1 tsp oregano finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup red onions
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Finely chop parsley, garlic, chili, onion and oregano
- Add to a mixing bowl along with all remaining ingredients. Stir well to blend
- Let sit for at least 10-15 minutes to let flavors release and infuse into oil
- Use the freshest ingredients (avoid limp/wilting herbs)
- Finely chop your herbs to avoid overly chunky pieces
- Use high quality olive oil