I take my snacks pretty seriously, especially when I frequent the fridge about 20 times a day during quarantine- anyone else doing the same??
These days, to make the time go by quicker, try making your own hummus! It’s way more satisfying, and you can make it in batches for way cheaper. Ya’ll with me??
HOW DO YOU MAKE BEET HUMMUS?
- Roast the beets
- Add all ingredients into a high-powered blender/ food processor
- Garnish and enjoy
Now let’s get started!
Easy homemade beet hummus
- Food processor or blender
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 lemon peeled
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 small roasted beets
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup aqua fava (the liquid in can of chickpeas)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Coat beets with olive oil, salt & pepper. Roast for 50 minutes or until they are soft to fork
- Mix all your ingredients in your Vitamix/ food processor. Start to blend on low and gradually increase your speed as everything whips together
- Taste and adjust seasonings and ingredients as desired
- Enjoy with crackers, pita chips, sliced cucumber, celery, or whatever you have in your pantry!
This recipe is from my good friends @livingessence_jk on Instagram. I went to their yoga retreat last year and was blown away by all the food!! I basically begged them to share a few recipes with me like their chia seed pudding and overnight oats!