This whole dish comes together in 20 minutes!
Pesto is perfect in so many different dishes, but today, let’s talk about this easy pesto shrimp pasta that my family won’t stop raving about!
If you want to impress your significant other in quarantine, make this dish and you’ll thank me later.
While you can buy a pre-made jar of pesto… it actually won’t take you THAT much longer to make your own. Seriously, if you have an extra 2 minutes to throw shit into a blender, then you can make this pesto!
Trust me- it’s a game changer.
What is pesto?
It’s made with fresh basil, fresh oregano, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. You put everything in a blender or food processor until it comes together. Easy right?
In this recipe, I’m giving you the basics- the foundation. If you love garlic- add more garlic! If you love Parmesan – then add more cheese! You do you! Make it your own :)
HOMEMADE PESTO SHRIMP PASTA
- Blender or Food processor
- 3-4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2-6 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano (or dried)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1.5 lb shrimp
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package spaghetti
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese
- In a medium sized pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add fresh spaghetti and cook until al dente firmness (follow the instructions per your spaghetti). Remove and drain.
- Mix all pesto ingredients in blender (slowly increasing speed). Set aside.
- To cook the shrimp, add olive oil to a pan on medium heat. Place shrimp in one layer and cook until pink; about 1 min 30 seconds each side. Flip to finish cooking.
- Add pesto and spaghetti to shrimp skillet. Mix gently until combined.
- Gently stir in cherry tomatoes, and garnish with cheese + red pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!